What You Need:
Deck of playing cards
What You Do:
- Pull out the Ace through 10 cards of one suit.
- Shuffle up the cards so they are not in order “one” through ten.
- Hold up a card so your child can see the front of the card.
- Ask your child what the number is on the card. If she isn’t sure, let her count the number of suits on the card.
- Hold up a second card, and ask her if the second card is higher or lower than the first card. If she’s not sure, let her count the number of suits on each card. When she gets the correct answer, congratulate her.
- Set the first card down and hold up a third card next to the second card.
- Ask her if the third card is higher or lower than the second card. When she gets the right answer, encourage her to celebrate and clap for a job well done.
- Continue on through the cards until they have guessed higher or lower for all 10 cards.