What You Need:
- 3 pieces of bread
- 3 resealable plastic bags
- Permanent marker
What You Do:
- Put bread in all three bags.
- Take one bag and put it in a dark place. Place the next bag in the refrigerator. Place the last bag in a sunny area. Make sure each bag is sealed tightly. Label them with a marker.
- While you wait for the results, work with your child to develop a hypothesis as to what will happen to each bag of bread. Think about where mold grows naturally. What conditions does your child think are conducive to mold growth in nature?
- Check each bag daily to record any changes you see, and compare the results with your child’s hypothesis.